Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Looking for help.....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hi there


    See I am regerstering with Brinkster and I need a name for my domain >_< See my site is going to be about anime pictures, like shounen-ai and so on and also Manga's you know the hole load ^^;;; But I was just woundering if anyone has a name for my domain since I can't think of one at the momment -.-;; anyone have any ideas.....
    See my one at Geocities is Anime Frenzie, but I kinda wanna change it....or maybe should I keep it??

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ May 06, 2003 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Yaoi Manga Girl ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Erk...tough question here. It's really hard for other people to think of a name for you. ^^** It's best if you eventually come up with one for yourself, so I'll give you some tips of coming up for one. (based on my personal preferences of course! ~.^)

    For one thing, I think a site that's easy to remember is a site with a unique name. Not something that's impossibly hard to spell, but just something different. There are so many sites out there named "Anime Central", "Anime Centre", "Anime Heaven", etc. that I can never remember which one was the one I wanted. ^^

    But you know, it's not like Sakura and I had a divine plan for our domain. ^^*** We were struggling like you for a good name, and in the end we said "you know what? screw this, let's call it sakura-crisis.net". (that was before we even knew what we were going to do with the site...it was originally planned to be one of those homepage things with fanfics, art, etc. ^^****)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow those are some good tips ^^ I will definatly keep them in mind when deciding what my domain name will be [img]wink.gif[/img]
    And I also find it easy to remember a website that has a unique name to it ^^
    Hmm..now I have some thinking to do ^^;;; But thanx for the tips they realy helped ^^

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Umm..okay this is going to sound lke a stupid question [img]redface.gif[/img] But I am just woundering.

    Okay well see I was thinking my Domain name would be Soul Of Innocence but then I was looking at the name of Essence of Purity[the website] and doesn't that name mean something like Soul of Innocence??

  5. #5
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well, yes and no ^^;; Purity and innocence could match but soul and essence are more diferent. now, if I can give my own opinion, I'd say that web sites with only one word are easier to remember . Sakura-crisis are considered a single name. but like in Essence of Purity, every time I read it on other website it's often designed as Purity. Otherwise it's too long ^^; but that'd be my POV

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ohhh thanx for clearing that up for me ^^

    And ya I kinda like one word webistes to cause they are easier to remember [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Argh..it's not easy comming up with a name for your website >_____< I hate this -.-;;

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was just woundering if you guys would give me some input here ^^;;

    Okay umm..I was going to choose this name "Asylum of Soul" and I was just woundering does this make sense..I mean is it a good name -.-;;

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 27, 2003 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Yaoi Manga Girl ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd advise against it... can you imagine how many frustrated "Soul Asylum" fanboys would be blundering into your website while looking for heavy metal music...? ^^;;;

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh ya eh? I totaly didn't think of that.....Well then it is back to the drawing board -___- but thanx Risu-chan for telling me that cause that would of been one messed up situation 0_o

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *shakes head* Should have never named this site sakura-crisis.net. Those poor sore people looking for help to relieve the pain jin their "upper right back shoulder blade". ;____;

    Hehe...sorry...still can't get over that. ~.^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •